statistics about the complaints referred to the ombudsman service – showing the number we receive and the proportion we uphold
the financial products most complained about to the ombudsman
- Each year in our annual review we list the twenty financial products which give rise to most complaints to the ombudsman – showing what proportion each product makes up of our total complaints workload.
- We also publish the number of complaints we receive each year about all the different financial products we cover – right across the banking, insurance and investment sectors.
- And we publish quarterly updates on our complaints numbers in ombudsman news.
outcome of complaints to the ombudsman – showing financial products and sectors
complaints data naming individual businesses
- We publish complaints data every six months – showing the number and outcome of the cases we handle relating to the 200 or so named financial businesses that together account for around 95% of the ombudsman service's workload.
- You can also look at complaints data about named businesses relating to previous six-monthly periods.
FCA complaints data
The regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), also publishes information on financial complaints and individual firms' complaints handling – to help people see how firms are performing, and to improve complaints-handling standards across the financial services industry.
Search the database of decisions made by our ombudsmen on individual cases.