Look at ombudsman news – our regular newsletter for people interested in financial complaints, and how to settle or prevent them – to catch-up on the latest:
- complaint case-studies
- information about our approach to complaints
- news and feedback from the ombudsman.
- case studies involving payday lending
- disputes about individual savings accounts (ISAs)
- chief ombudsman Natalie Ceeney talks about the new regulator's "pragmatic" approach
- case studies involving "new payment protection products" – that sound like PPI but aren't
- feedback from businesses on what they think about our service
- financial disputes referred to us by smaller businesses
- complaints involving bad weather
- case studies on catalogue shopping
- the latest complaints figures (for the third quarter of 2012/2013)
- case studies about pet insurance
- complaints involving confusion over standing orders, direct debits and continuous payment authorities
- chief ombudsman, Natalie Ceeney, looking back on the challenges of 2012
- case studies involving travel insurance
- the latest complaints figures (for the second quarter of 2012/2013)
- chief ombudsman, Natalie Ceeney, on "compensation culture"
- case studies involving payment protection insurance
- information about our casework experiment
- chief ombudsman, Natalie Ceeney, on changing times, changing service
- case studies involving mortgages and financial hardship
- the latest complaints figures (for the first quarter of 2012/2013)
- complaints about "whole-of-life" policies
- chief ombudsman, Natalie Ceeney, on handling complaints and rebuilding trust after banking computer problems
- a round-up of recent complaints involving money transfers
- case studies involving "section 75" claims and credit cards
- feedback and tips from our adjudicators on the way they see businesses handling complaints
- a round-up of recent investment complaints
- case studies involving cash ISAs
- an interview with our new chairman, Sir Nicholas Montagu
- chief ombudsman, Natalie Ceeney, on the impact of tougher times on complaints and those who make them
see our index of previous issues or select from the drop-down menu below:
about ombudsman news
ombudsman news is our regular newsletter for people interested in financial complaints – and how to settle or prevent them. It provides news, recent case studies and feedback from the ombudsman service.
It gives general information on the position at the date of publication. It is not a definitive statement of the law, our approach or our procedure. The illustrative case studies are based broadly on real-life cases, but are not precedents. Individual cases are decided on their own facts.
For more information about the ombudsman approach, please contact our technical advice desk on 020 7964 1400.