To send us an enquiry, or register a new complaint, here’s how to get in touch.
Service update in light of Covid-19
In light of the Covid-19 (coronavirus) pandemic we are having to work differently.
- Our phone lines are busier than usual. You can call us between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday but it’s likely that you will need to wait to speak to someone. Where possible, please email us if you have an enquiry about an ongoing case or take a look at our how to complain page, which includes detail of how to send us your complaint online.
- We have limited access to our office and are unable to process post in the usual way. Please only send us post if you’re unable to email or make a complaint online. It may take us longer than usual to respond to enquiries received by post.
- Our colleagues are currently working from home, so we hope you’ll be understanding if during your call you hear some background noise from family or pets.
- It’s taking longer than we’d like to allocate cases to our case handlers for investigation. We’re working to improve waiting times and will contact you when once a case handler has been assigned to your case. We’d be grateful if you could avoid contacting us for an update, unless your circumstances have changed. You can read more about timescales once you’ve sent us a complaint on our page how long it takes.
- If your complaint has been allocated and you have the contact details of the case handler, you can still contact them directly.
There was already a high demand for our service. Inevitably, Covid-19 will have an impact on the time we take to do things. But we’re working hard to continue to provide a high level of service, and we’re continuing to resolve complaints.
Contact us with an enquiry
If you’re getting in touch about something other than a new complaint, you can contact us in the following ways.
If you’d like to speak to us in another language other than English, you can contact us in the following ways and we will respond or get an interpreter to speak to you in your own language.
Find out more about how we can adapt our service to meet your needs on our “accessibility” page.
During the Covid-19 outbreak, we’re offering a specific email for NHS workers to get in touch with us, should they need to do so urgently. This will be handled by a dedicated team, who will be able to work around shift patterns while we’re operating a limited phone service.
You can find up-to-date information about our general timescales on our “how long it takes” page.
The current situation means that responding to complaints and enquiries might take longer. In particular, it may be several weeks before we’re able to acknowledge post, emails or forms submitted to us online.
Our technical desk
Financial businesses and people involved in responding to complaints can contact our technical desk for help with general enquiries.
If you are a financial business looking for guidance, our technical desk is still open. The lines are open Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm. Alternatively, please contact the technical desk by email or, if you have a query about our approach to complaints caused or affected by Covid-19, read our information for businesses.
Other ways to get in touch
Our phone lines are open, but you might need to wait to speak to someone – please contact us online or by email, where possible.
0300 123 9 123 – Calls to this number cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers.
(18002) 020 7964 1000 – Calls using next-generation text relay.
+44 20 7964 0500 – Call this number if you're calling from abroad. We'll also be happy to phone you back, if you're worried about the cost of calling us.
020 7964 1000 – our switchboard
020 7964 1001 – our fax number