All FAQs

Probably not. Our role generally doesn’t cover accountants – although they provide financial services, they’re usually “exempt” from being authorised to carry out regulated activities. 

But in some circumstances we might be able to help – like where your complaint is about a particular investment you made.

For problems with accountants, the relevant professional body might be able to look into your complaint. An accountant might refer to the professional body in letters after their name – like ICAEW, or ACCA.

But if you’re unsure, get in touch – and we’ll be happy to talk through your issue and let you know if we can help.