Complaints we can help with
You can find more information about the complaints we can help with by selecting the product area you’d like to read about from the list below:
- Home, travel, motor, wedding and other types of insurance
- Bank accounts, payments, cards, cash machines and other banking services
- Fraud and scams
- Mortgages including early repayment charges, valuations and equity
- Loans and other types of credit like car finance or debt and repayment problems
- Pension and annuities
- Payment protection insurance (PPI)
- Other complaints – including complaints involving the impact of Covid-19, economic and domestic abuse or power of attorney.
Generally, we can help with complaints about businesses that provide retail financial products and services in or from the UK. It doesn’t matter what your nationality is or where you live.
On this page you'll find more information about the types of complaint we can help sort out.
We can help with complaints about most kinds of financial products and services provided in or from the UK – from debt collection and payday loans to insurance and mortgages – the types of complaint we can help with are listed below.
When you get in touch, we’ll let you know if the business is one we cover, and if the complaint is about something we can look at.
You can also use our complaint checker to find out if we can help with your complaint.
Are you a small business?
If you’re a small business (SME) and want to make a complaint to us, head to our dedicated small business website for more information about how we can help.
Need help with a claims management dispute?
We can also help with complaints about claims management companies (CMCs). If you have a complaint, or you’re a CMC dealing with a complaint, head to the Claims Management Ombudsman website for more information.