These are the standards that we hold ourselves accountable to when resolving complaints.
We’re proud of the quality and fairness of our decisions – but we also want to ensure we give our answers in a timely and efficient way. Our service standards are the measures we put into place to provide assurance and accountability for the service we provide. For all new complaints received from 1 April 2023, we will deliver against the following standards:
We set targets for the time it takes us to respond to customers and resolve complaints.
The enquiries we receive
- 95% of initial enquiries we receive are actioned within five working days
The cases we resolve
- 70% of cases are resolved within three months of the point we accept them as complaints
- 90% of cases are resolved within six months of the point we accept them as complaints
- If we receive a complaint about the service we have provided, we aim to resolve it, or have a resolution plan in place, within ten working days
As well as resolving complaints quickly, we'll continue to provide answers that customers can trust - and we'll provide excellent customer service.
- Over 90% pass rate for cases that are checked for quality assurance
- No more than 1.5% of resolved cases result in a complaint about the service we have provided
Our customers will tell us that we're easy to use - and the public will be aware of who we are and how we can help.
Ease of service
We use a method called ‘Net Easy’ to monitor levels of customer experience. It helps us understand how easy it is for our customers to get the help they need at different stages of our process, and from start to finish.
- We monitor the consumer ‘Net Easy’ score measured end-to-end through the service
- We monitor the respondent business ‘Net Easy’ score measured end-to-end through the service
Standard of service
- We survey our customers to assess confidence in the service we provide
Influence of service
- We monitor the level of public awareness of our service through regular surveys