All FAQs

If someone complains about a business that's stopped trading or gone bust, the business might not be able to pay any compensation that's owed - even if we told them to.

In cases like these, we might not look into a complaint - but consumers might be able to make a claim using the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).

The FSCS is the final 'safety net' for customers when a financial business has gone bust - where that business was previously regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Of course, we look at each complaint individually - and if you have any doubts, get in touch and we'll do what we can to help you.