This section of our online PPI resource provides an overview of the ombudsman's approach to some of the common issues raised in disputes about payment protection insurance (PPI) - including single-premium policies and policies relating to both secured and unsecured lending:
- how does the ombudsman service assess PPI sales-complaints?
- what are the relevant considerations in deciding PPI sales-complaints?
- what were the relevant regulatory rules and codes?
- did the financial business provide adequate product and price information?
- did the financial business make a recommendation or give advice?
- has the financial business assessed suitability fairly?
- how does the ombudsman service approach redress where a PPI policy has been mis-sold?
- how does the ombudsman service assess disputes about whether or not PPI was sold?
- our approach to payment protection insurance (PPI) mis-sale complaints